Chicken is the ultimate favorite protein source dinner or meal item. This article illustrates five different ways of cooking shredded chicken. In the previous recipe article, visitors requests to write about how to cook the chicken to shred. Shredded chickens are commonly used to make other recipes. The five different ways you can try any one of them according to your comfort. All five procedures are easy to do, and you can preserve chicken for a long time. When ingredients are ready, then prepare your meal within a short time.
Essential Ingredients Need for Shredded Chicken
- Boneless chicken or chicken breast
- Black pepper
- Thermapen (optional)
Before going for the main methods, we should know which kind of food you can make with chicken shred. For making
- Different types of Salad, such as- pasta salad, Green salad, etc.
- Chicken Soup
- Chicken Sandwiched
- Chicken fried rice
- Spaghetti and lots of recipes based on chicken.
Grilled chicken to shred
Grilled chicken is so yummy. Most of the people love the roasted flavor of the chicken. So, if you make grilled chicken shred, then you can make more yummy salads. This method is my favorite one. This method is a rapid and easy one. Just be careful about the timing and seasoning of the chicken cook. But some people may find it a little bit difficult because if you overcook the chicken, then it will lose the juiciness and flavor. Let’s have a look at its procedure-
- At first, you have to preheat the grill at a medium heat range
- Apply proper amount of salt and black pepper to season the chicken
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to keep the chicken juicier
- Then put the chicken on the grill and cook it for 15-20 minutes
- Turn around the chicken side by side to cook it properly from both sides
- If you have Thermapen, then check the temperature and when it reaches 165 ºF then stop cooking
- After cooling down the chicken thoroughly, you can shred the chicken
Chicken to shred in the instant pot
Instant pot like a pressure cooker or curry cooker is handy cookware to make any recipe in a super first way. When you are in a hurry, then you can use this method to make your chicken shred. Detail procedure is given below-
- With the proper amount of salt and pepper season the chicken
- In your instant pot pour some chicken broth or water. The chicken broth will keep your chicken flavor perfect as your love.
- The amount of broth should apply carefully. Over broth can make your chicken overcooked. So, be smart or use measuring cups.
- Then close the instant pot lead tightly and cook for 8-10 minutes. Your stove should in high flow.
- After cooling down the pot, open the lead and keep the chicken for cool completely.
Slow Cooking Method
Many of us love this time-consuming cooking method because of its natural process. Also, in this method, shredding of chicken is more comfortable than any other way. But I don’t prefer this method for its laziness and chicken texture. There is another advantage of this method. You can use you any cookware like Gotham steel cookware.
If you want to know about Gotham steel pan, then you can read our previous article on Gotham steel cookware reviews. You can also search Google for Gotham steel pan reviews a lot of good reviews you will find. Anyway, this is so on-topic discussion. Let’s focus on the procedure of slow cooking.
- Like other procedures, first season your chicken breast with the right amount of salt and pepper.
- Put your non-stick pan on the gas stove and spread some oil or butter on it.
- Do not overload your pan. According to your pan size, put a chicken breast on it.
- Wait for some time by covering your pan with lead. It will help to get some moisture from the chicken itself.
- Then add a tiny amount of chicken broth and slow down your stove flame as well.
- It will take a long time depends on the amount of chicken. Almost after 1-2 hours, it will ready.
Baking method for Shred Chicken
Baking is a common technique of cooking almost all of us. Well, knowledge about temperature will make you an expert about bake food recipes. So, you can make your shred chicken by the baking method. Sometime it will tricky as a way of temperature and time set. It is a challenging way of cooking, but the ultimate texture and flavor of the food will great.
- First, you have to prepare your oven by preheating at a required temperature. Preheat your oven up to 350-400ºF.
- Season the chicken properly and place it on the baking tray. Before placing the chickens, don’t forget to spray some oil or butter on the plate. The oil prevents burning chicken and sticking with the dish.
- Bake the chicken till the chicken cook properly and remain juicy. If you see the pink color in the chicken corner, then stop baking.
- Take it from the oven and let it cool.
Poached/Boiled Chicken Method
Last but most comfortable ways of chicken shred are poached or boil the chicken. Anyone can cook with this technique. There is no need for specialized knowledge for doing boiled chicken for shredding. But one thing is to keep in mind that you should choose pot size according to your need amount of chicken. Let’s go for the last procedure-
- Apply salt and pepper on chicken for the season the chicken breast.
- Place the chicken on the pot with some green chilies and bay leaf. Both green chili and bay leaf add flavors and test to the chicken. You can skip the green chilies. That is optional.
- Pour water or chicken broth enough that all the chicken will fully cover with water.
- Cover the pot and boil the chicken until the chicken properly cook.
- Use a strainer and drain up all the water from chicken.
- Let the chicken cool.
After cooking through any of these above methods, you have to shred How to Cook Chicken to Shred. Some of my friends ask me what the best way of shredding chicken is. You can use many techniques to shred the chicken. But my favorite form of shredding chicken is to use two forks and do it by hand. This recipe is the easiest and natural way to shred the chicken.
Enjoy your yummy food adding chicken shred on it. Stay healthy and happy.